Friday, February 17, 2012

Novels 'n' Notes #5: Is Anybody Out There by The Downtown Fiction

Novels 'n' Notes is a weekly event I created here at Geek Chic to talk about songs that remind me of books. Feel free to make your own NN post! Just grab the logo (below) and link your post here so I can see it!


Is Anybody Out There by The Downtown Fiction: Ky Markham and Cassia Reyes from Crossed by Ally Condie

*Some Matched spoilers*

The Downtown Fiction is one of my all-time favorite bands, and as soon as I heard this song, I started thinking about Ky and Cassia and Matched and Crossed--but mostly Ky and Crossed.

-"He stands alone, conforming on his own. He's thinking but he does not speak."

Ky, at the Outer Provinces. Ky has always been a very introverted person, and even though he's quiet on the outside, compliant, inside he's full of thoughts and ideas.

-"But she is what he truly seeks, but she is what he truly seeks..."

Ky is looking for Cassia. He'd do anything to find her. 

-"Hey, is anybody out there? I'm reaching out. Hey, is anybody out there? I'm coming down. Hey, is anybody out there? I'm freaking out, I'm freaking out..."

Ky is looking for Cassia. Cassia is looking for Ky. Cassia is looking for the Rising. And both of them are out in the open expanse of desert, where there's basically NOTHING. 


Below, you can listen to Is Anybody Out There? and make your own opinions.



Please note that I do not own this song, the lyrics, or anything related to The Downtown Fiction or Is Anybody Out There?. I also did not post this video, nor am I affiliated with "SleeplessNights7365", who did. *Insert other legal stuff here.*

So, what do you think? Does Is Anybody Out There? make you think of Crossed? What other songs make you think of books?

You can tell me in the comments or your own NN post!


(:D)
~Mag

2 comments:

  1. Nice! This is a really interesting post :)
    ... TAG! Your it :D Drop by my blog and see how to participate!!!

    http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!