Friday, February 24, 2012

Tagged (Again!)


Hey guys! So, if you recall, a couple days ago I tagged the delightful Ella from Musings in Ink to answer some questions. And she tagged me back, so here I am again to answer her questions!


THE RULES
-You must post the rules.
-Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
-Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
-Let them know you’ve tagged them!




1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?


Ooh, that's a good one. I'm going to have to go with telekinesis, because that would just be awesome.


2. You are walking in a forest and you come across two different paths. As the poem by Robert Frost goes, the first path is one that appears to be worn and familiar. The other path appears new and unused. Which path do you take?


Honestly, the one less traveled by ;)


3. What is your opinion on love triangles?


Ooh. This is a tough subject for me, because there are plenty of books out there that I love that have love triangles. But I'm getting sick of them, especially love triangles for the sake of love triangles. These days, a good, solid, single-love-interest book like The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer or Legend is a breath of fresh air.


4. What is your opinion on vampires, faeries, and werewolves being used in YA fiction?


Another toughie. Vamps: I loved the Twilight books when they first came out, but lately the hype (and certain actors in the movies [not naming names, but seriously]) have made them lose their appeal for me. Not that I'm saying that all vamp books are Twilight ripoffs, but I'm just getting bored of them. That said, I've been thinking of giving them one last shot, so tell me, which is better, the Bloodlines series or the Vampire Academy series?


Faeries: Another commonly-used genre these days, but one I don't mind as much. 


Werewolves: Werewolves are actually in a good place for me right now. I like them, and all other kinds of weres and shifters. 


5. What are some amazing books you have read this year (so far)?


Ooh, gosh. *Clicks over to my read-this-year list* Tempus by Tyra Lynn (though that was a reread), Fateful by Claudia Gray, Need by Carrie Jones, Clarity by Kim Harrington, the Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong (another reread), Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan, and Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout. To name a few.


6. Which is more important in a novel: the plot or the characters?


OOOH, that's a good question, because they're both important. I want to say the characters, because if I don't like the characters or if they're not fully developed, I don't want to keep reading. But the same goes if the plot isn't good, either!


7. If you went to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which of the four houses do you think you would be sorted into?


RAVENCLAW WITHOUT A DOUBT. I hope. But think about it, sitting around all day studying, learning, reading, and being a complete know-it-all? That's so me.


8. What is one book and one movie you are looking forward to reading/seeing in 2012?


Insurgent by Veronica Roth and The Hunger Games movie. 


9. One book you would most definitely read again, and one book you would never read again?


Book I would read again: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson


Book I wouldn't read again: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart


10. What is your favorite comfort food?


Easy: Chocolate :)


11. If you'd been on the Titanic, would you have been: a) one of the first people to jump into the ocean, b) a person who waited and ended up in a small lifeboat, or c) someone who sunk nobly along with the ship?


I'd like to say I would be the noble one, but I'm not sure how likely that is. But I wouldn't jump into the ocean, so probably (b).


Now, since I've already done the tagging thing once, I'm going to skip it this time. But I'll go ahead and add some questions, so feel free to answer them if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers :)


1. What's your favorite song right now?


2. What would you say is your LEAST favorite book?


3. What is the thing that most often makes you decide to read a book? Cover? Synopsis? Someone's review/suggestion? Something else?


4. What's your favorite book-to-movie adaption?


5. Do you have a favorite time/place to read?


6. QUICK NAME THE FIRST THREE BOOKS THAT POP INTO YOUR HEAD!


7. QUICK NAME THE FIRST THREE AUTHORS THAT POP INTO YOUR HEAD!


8. Where do you find out about the most books you read?


9. Who is your favorite book Main Character?


10. Favorite book Villain?


11. Favorite book couple?


You can answer the questions in a blog post if you'd like (please leave me the link so I can see your answers!) or just answer them in a comment :)


(Check out my first tagging post HERE)


(:D)
~Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!