Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted over at Breaking the Spine, spotlighting books that have not yet been released but are being greatly anticipated. Today, my pick under the category "OMGosh why aren't you out yet? Come out now now now!" is the second book in the Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout: Onyx.



Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town.

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

OOH OOH OOH! I cannot WAIT for this book! I absolutely ADORED Obsidian--And Daemon. I think it's possible that having read several Obsidian scenes from Daemon's PoV helped make his intentions clear to ME, but I still can't believe Katy even THINKS she'll be able to steer clear of and/or resist Daemon. Ha. Not happening, Kat.

Plus, that last paragraph--"I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive." Ooooh! Does that mean who I THINK it means?? Can't WAAAIT!


(:D)
~Mag

10 comments:

  1. BLOODY HELL! I am seriously dying to read this book!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Daemon <3 <3 <3 I can't wait! If I could I would go to sleep till May so I won't need to wait that much!! AAA <3 <3 Awesome pick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant idea, Nea! Come, everyone, let's hibernate until we can read ONYX!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Everybody keeps talking about wanting to read "Onyx" and I haven't even read "Obsidian" yet. *sniff* I want to so bad! Great WoW pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man, you MUST! Words cannot describe the awesomeness that is Daemon Black. Wait, I meant Obsidian. Oh, who am I kidding. I meant Daemon. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read ANY of her books yet, so I should probably read them soon :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely you should! I love both the Lux and Covenant series, but if I'm being perfectly honest I like Lux a bit more.

      Delete
  4. I'm dying to read this book too!!! I ♥ Daemon! Who can resist him! Everyone should read Obsidian. Jennifer L. Armentrout is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hells YEAH! I can't wait for this book!!!!!! So happy to have found you blog. I am a new follower. Hope you get a chance to stop by and see what my pick was for this week. Last week I pick Onyx too:) http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-212012-night-sky.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'm glad you like the blog :) I'll pop over and check yours out right now! :)

      Delete

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!