Friday, March 2, 2012

Novels 'n' Notes #7: Jet Lag by Simple Plan

Novels 'n' Notes is a weekly event I created here at Geek Chic to talk about songs that remind me of books. Feel free to make your own NN post! Just grab the logo (below) and don't forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so I can check it out!




Jet Lag (feat. Natasha Bedingfield) by Simple Plan: SHADE Series by Jeri Smith-Ready


So, I know I just did a SHADE-themed Novels 'n' Notes last week, but since that one was mainly about Logan and Aura, I decided to center this one on Zachary and Aura.


Like last week, this song is one of the ones that basically every line can be related to Zach and Aura, especially around SHIFT/SHINE time.


-" 'What time is it where you are?' 'I miss you more than anything.' 'I'm back at home you feel so far.' 'Waiting for the phone to ring.' "


Zachary and Aura are stuck in different countries, Aura in Baltimore and Zachary back home in Glasglow. And they miss each other. If that's not obvious.


-"You say good morning when it's midnight, going out of my head alone in this bed."


Same thing, Z + A separated and lonesome :(


-"I wake up to your sunset, and it's driving me mad, I miss you so bad."


And again. They're still apart. They still miss each other.


Here, listen yourself!




Please note that I do not own this song, the lyrics, or anything related to Simple Plan or Jet Lag. I also did not post this video, nor am I affiliated with "SammyJoe890", who did. *Insert other legal stuff here.* Also, this is quite possibly the prettiest lyric video I've ever seen :)


So, what do you think? Does Jet Lag make you think of Aura and Zachary? What other songs make you think of books?

You can tell me in the comments or your own NN post!


(:D)
~Mag 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!