Monday, June 18, 2012

Geek Chic This Week (6/17/12)

Geek Chic This Week is a feature here at Geek Chic to talk about the books I received this week, whether bought, borrowed, or fallen from the sky! It's inspired by the Story Siren's In My Mailbox.


Hi guys! I know I've posted barely ANYTHING in the last couple days, but as I mentioned last week, I've been out of town and my computer time has been tragically limited. But I'm back home now, and you can look forward to a larger internet presence from me ;) For example, there should be some reviews coming your way, like the last two (so far) Soul Screamers books, which I was finally able to reread.

Also, my birthday was this past week! So not only did I get some awesome books and money that I plan to use for books (lol), I also got a new laptop (yay!), which means I'll be able to be on a good computer even when the desktop is in use, plus I can be online in more places. So yay on several levels.

Anyyyyway, enough about me, on to what you really care about--the books (:D)

FROM THE LIBRARY


-My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent/If I Die by Rachel Vincent. If you follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, or any of the other places I've been complaining about this, you know that my library's copies of MStS and IID have been overdue for a while. Well, this past week they finally showed back up, or maybe they got new copies (actually, that's more likely since the old IID was hardback and this is paperback). And there was much rejoicing.


-The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross. I enjoyed The Girl in the Steel Corset, so I'm looking forward to what happens next for the characters. Especially Griff. Ah, Griff <3

-Until I Die by Amy Plum. Another one I've been dying for!! I cannot WAIT to start this one!

-Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter. Looking forward to it :)

IN MY MAILBOX


-Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready/Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready. I read and loved these a while back, but since I couldn't wait for Shine to show up at the library after its release and bought it, of course I had to get these two to complete the set :) Plus, I'd won a couple bookplates at Team Kilt events and needed somewhere to put them ;) PLUS ALSO I LOVE THESE BOOKS SO MUCH.


-The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. I won this in a giveaway from Shari @ My Neurotic Book Affair's blogoversary! Thanks, Shari, and happy blogoversary :)

-Rapture by Lauren Kate. This one wasn't technically in my mailbox, but a birthday gift from a friend. (Actually, a couple days before my birthday this friend started texting me asking about the Fallen series, asking if I'd read it because she was thinking about reading it. Turned out she just wanted to know if I'd gotten Rapture yet, ha! She'd already read them all :D) Anyway, thanks to undisclosed friend because I didn't ask her if she wanted her name online. So yeah.

ON MY KINDLE


-Pitch by Jillian Eaton. I got a Kindle copy of this one from the author for review. It looks awesome! Thanks, Jillian!

ON NETGALLEY


-Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle. This one looks sooo good! Keep an eye out for the review :)


-The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Pirates. Thieves. Curses. Reluctant love. Can I just say heck yes.

Big thanks to Random House Children's Books and Angry Robot for giving me the opportunity to read these!!

RANDOMNESS


^^ These are my new Converse. My sister custom designed them for me for my birthday. They're pretty awesome. Anyway.

So what's in your mailbox this week? Leave me your book-sharing links below :)

(:D)
~Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!