Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tor's Stacking the Shelves- 7/27/13

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly feature hosted over at Tynga's Reviews, where booklovers can share whatever awesome new reads they got in the week, whether purchased, borrowed, or gifted!



Since this week is my last week of freedom (I start band camp next week), I decided I am going to read as many books as I can. I may have gone a bit overboard with on this...

FROM THE LIBRARY:
  • Storm by Brigid Kemmer: I think I already read this book on my Kindle but I couldn't remember so I got it anyways!
  • Auracle by Gina Rosati: I did my Teaser Tuesday on this book. I randomly found this in my library and what a great find it was!
  • Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev: Another random find! It looks interesting so I though I would give it a try!
  • Destined by Aprilynne Pike: Because I avoided the library for a year (I owed $11.50 in fines and was ashamed to show my face. It's all good now because I finally paid it off!) I am finally getting to read the last book in the Wings Series! I am excited to see how this series ends!
  • Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst: Another random find! It turns out I already read a book by this author, Enchanted Ivy, which happens to be one my favorites. The story seems so unique and interesting, I can't wait to read it!
  • Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti: I love this author! When I found Keep Holding On, I was surprise because my library never has Susane Colasanti books in, you always have to put it on hold. Naturally, I grabbed it before anyone else could. 
  • Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: I've wanted to read this book for awhile now but never had a chance. I've heard some good things about so I am excited to read it!
  • Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell: It looked like a quick, easy read. I just randomly picked it so I don't know what to expect!
  • Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendra Blake: A friend recommended this to me (I think it was Mag). I was so happy when I saw it at the Library! 
FROM MY KINDLE SPLURGE:

 There are some awesome deals for a bunch of YA books right now so I decided to take advantage of them!







  • Pivot Point by Kasie West: The whole idea that this character's life is this giant "What if?" is intriguing. 
  • Spellcaster by Claudia Gray: I have a weakness for books that involve magic. I love, love books with magic in them. I also am a fan of Claudia Gray. 
  • Defiance by C.J. Redwine: Another on my to- read list. I was ecstatic when I found out it was only $1.99! 
  • Starling by Lesley Livingston: Another weakness of mine- mythology. I don't care what kind of mythology it is, if it has mythology in it I will most likely read it. In this case, Starling has Norse mythology which I don't know anything about so this will be interesting! 
FROM TARGET:
I originally wasn't going to by anything other than chapstick but... 



  • Legend by Marie Lu: This was recommended to me a while ago by one of my Tumblr followers (I think Mag also recommended this to me too). I've only heard positive things about Legend so I am excited to read it! 

 Care to share your thoughts on any of these books? Or did you get any awesome new books that you want to talk about? Leave me a link in the comments!

Happy Reading,
Tor



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!